We are now meeting in room 115 at the new Severna Park High School, Anne Arundel County, Maryland. There is little to no cell reception in the new room. Don’t be late or you won’t be able to get into the school.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The annual Red, White and Blue Celebration hosted by Ft. Meade will be held June 28 with fireworks, rides, live music and an array of food.
Enjoy summer evenings at Hillwood, complete with dinner at the new Merriweather Café and documentary films that dig deep in the world of America’s most fascinating photojournalists.
Enjoy summer evenings at Hillwood, complete with dinner at Merriweather Café and documentary films that dig deep in the world of America’s most fascinating photojournalists.
Don’t forget that this Wednesday is club events contest!!! A chance to win a free membership for next year!
Remember, you can enter 1 photo per category, per event .
Example #1 – If you only attended the End of Year Picnic – you can have 1 digital, 1 monochrome print and 1 color print. Total of 3 entries.
Example #2 – if you attended 4 events – you can have 4 digital, 4 monochrome, 4 color – 1 image per event – 12 total entries.
If anyone one needs help understanding the rules for the contest, please let me know.
- 2018 End of Year Banquet
- Ocean City Maryland Air Show
- 155th Gettysburg – A Living History Event
- July 4th Fireworks (In the state of Maryland)
- Tuckahoe Steam and Gas Show
- Kenilworth Lotus and Lily Festival
- Club August Picnic
- Maryland State Fair
- Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Marley Station Car Show
- Antietam Battlefield/Cemetery
- Fall Colors
- Library of Congress
- Cunningham Falls
- Penn’s Cave
- December Holiday Photos
- Longwood Gardens
- Pink or Red Photos
- Chip’s Studio Outing
- Bull Riding – Westminster
- March – Favorite Food or Restaurant
- Anita Leight Estuary Center
- Sherwood Gardens
- Historic Jerusalem Mill Village and Jericho Covered Bridge
- Table Top Night / Studio Night at club meeting
- Earliegh Heights carnival
- and any photos from meetings or programs
Remember to send all your photos to the contest email email@example.com. I will be pulling them from there for Wednesday night. Looking forward to seeing all of your field trip photos from this year.
During the Business Meeting, it was agreed that more fundraising events would be great to have. During our banquet this year – there will be 3 different fundraising opportunities to take part in! I have recruited some volunteers to help me, and we will be selling 3 different types of raffle tickets. One for each fundraiser (each fundraiser will have it’s own colored ticket). We will have a 50/50 raffle, Multiple Drawings for Single Raffle items, and One Special Drawing for a themed basket to help you with one of the contests for next year.
I wanted to give you the pricing for each of the tickets ahead of time:
- $1 – 1 Ticket
- $10 – 12 Tickets
- $20 – Double Arm Length!
Of course – the $20 is the best deal! So bring some cash and let’s have some fun in raising money for our club!
I have had a couple people donate some more items and that’s great! There’s still time to donate if you would like. Donations are accepted through Wednesday, May 15th, 2019. We have photography and non-photography related items for the fundraiser!
We will also have a couple door prizes to give out – your dinner name tag is your entry for those prizes!!
Looking forward to see everyone at the banquet!
In April the photo challenge was to photograph food or your favorite restaurant. On May 1st we will have our last photo talk of the club year discussing member photos from the April photo challenge.
restaurant. On May 1st we will have our last photo talk of the club year discussing member photos from the April photo challenge.
Challenge photographs will be submitted digitally using the same processes used during digital competitions. Each club member may submit three digital images for each challenge. The images should have been taking during the challenge month. Photographers may not use photographs taken before these months.
- Digital –
- Email your digital images in by Tuesday, at noon. Remember that the email address to send your digital entries to is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your images as email attachments. Mac users need to put their images in a zip file and attach the zip file to the email.
- Resize your images to 1024 pixels on the long side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024) and 72 DPI.
- Unlike contests, you can name your images any way you would like.
- We will send you an email to confirm we have received your images and that they are sized appropriately. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the contest chairman at email@example.com.
- If all else fails, you may bring your images to the meeting on a USB drive, but we may not be able to put them into the contest.
Our next competitions will be Wednesday, 9 January 2019. We will have color prints and monochrome prints. You may enter three in each.
The theme this month is Open, so any subject is good.
Competition rules, which include how to prepare your entries are posted on our website.
- Monochrome and Color Prints– Prints must be matted. The print and mat assembly may not exceed 20” size on the longest edge. The contestant’s name, picture title, category, class, and contest date (month/year) must appear on the back of each print. PLEASE include an arrow on the back of the image to reflect orientation. For example
© 2019-2020 All Rights Reserved arundelcameraclub.org © 2019-2020 All Rights Reserved to the images on this website by the respective photographers