BRING IN YOUR WINNING 1st THROUGH 4th PLACE PRINTS FOR THE END OF YEAR CONTEST. ALL PRINTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY April 30th.
Any photograph which has won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place in a monthly contest is eligible to be entered in the year-end judging of that program year in the class in which it was originally entered, regardless of the contestant’s current class standing. It shall be the responsibility of the maker to return any eligible photograph to the Contest Chairman for the year-end judging.
The year-end competitions will be held off site on May 3rd and general attendance by club members will not be allowed. Typically, three judges will be used to judge the year-end competition. Voting shall be done electronically using the club voting box.
No reprints will be allowed in the year-end contest. Thus, the maker should take precautions to ensure the preservation of the original photograph if they wish to enter the picture in exhibitions or competitions outside the club and fears the original may be damaged in the process.
Based on the final year-end judging, awards will be presented as follows:
- ALL CLASSES (color and monochrome prints and digital imagery): 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in each class, 10% Honorable Mentions.
From among all the 1st place winners of the year-end judging a single Photograph of the Year shall be chosen as the Best Photograph of the Year.
- The member accruing the highest total points in a category (monochrome, color, digital) shall receive the following Photographer of the Year Awards:
- Monochrome, Color, and Digital Photographers of the Year for both Novice and Unlimited.
- Novice Photographer of the Year
- Unlimited Photographer of the Year
The end of year competition awards will be awarded at the yearly club banquet on May 25th.