On May 11 we will have our Club Events Contest.
There will be a Novice and an Unlimited category. You may submit one color and one monochrome digital image from each club event you attended during the club year. This will only be digital. No prints. All submitted images shall be judged regardless of the number of submissions.
Club events include any field trip, meeting, gathering, tabletop night, portrait night, photowalk, fundraisers, meet & shoots, the summer picnic, the Christmas party, and last year’s club banquet.
Two “Best in show” awards are made: Novice and Unlimited. Each award wins free club membership.
Go back through your files from the 2022-2023 club year and pull out your favorite photos from all the club events.
Remember, you can submit all photos that comply with the rules above, including those you submitted and/or won with in monthly contests.
Field Trips Include:
- Jun: United States Arboretum
- Aug: Clarksville Sunflower Festival
- Sep: Maryland Fleet Week & Flyover
- Oct: Cunningham State Park
- Nov: Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Dec: Longwood Gardens
- Jan: Baltimore B&O Train Museum
- Feb: St Michaels
- Mar: National Building Museum
- Apr: Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
- May: Sherwood Gardens
We also allow several standing local events to count for the club events contests including:
- Local Area Fourth of July Fireworks
- Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Tuckahoe Steam and Gas Show