Wednesday May 16 we will have our Club Events Contest.
You may submit one color print, one monochrome print, and one digital image from each club event you attended during the club year.
For example if you attended five club events, you could enter 15 images (5 Digital, 5 color prints, and 5 monochrome prints).
You may reenter images that have been entered and won during normal competitions.
This year’s club events include:
- Last Year’s Banquet
- Summer Picnic
- The Club Christmas Party
- Tabletop Night
- Christmas Photowalk
- Field Trip: Brookside Gardens
- Field Trip: Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base
- Field Trip: Covered Bridges, Catoctin Furnace, and winery
- Field Trip: Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary
- Field Trip: Eagles at Conowingo Dam
- Field Trip: U.S. Botanical Gardens, D.C
- Field Trip: Chip’s Studio
- Field Trip – Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower
- Field Trip: Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America
- Field Trip: Southern MD. Celtic Festival
We also allow a number of local events to count for the club events contests including:
- Fourth of July fireworks shot anywhere in the local MD/D.C. area
- Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Tuckahoe Steam and Gas Show
The unlimited and novice best in show wins a free club membership respectively.
Competition rules, which include how to prepare your print entries are also posted on our web-site http://arundelcameraclub.org/rules-summary/
- Mono and Color Prints –
- Prints must be matted.
- The print and mat assembly may not exceed 20”in size on the longest edge.
- The contestant’s name, picture title, category, class, and contest date (month/year) must appear on the back of each print.
- PLEASE include an arrow on the back of the image to reflect orientation.
- Digital –
- Email your digital entries in by Tuesday evening. Remember that the email address to send your digital entries to is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your images as email attachments. Mac users need to put their images in a zip file and attach the zip file to the email.
- Resize your images to 1024 pixels on the long side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024).
- Files should be named according to the following convention:
- A class identifier, ‘n’ for novice or ‘u’ for unlimited, should prepend the file name and be followed by an underscore.
- The image name should appear next. For multi-word titles, it is helpful to either capitalize the first letter of each word or separate each word with an underscore. Although most mechanisms of upload-ing/transferring/emailing files handle spaces in titles, this is not universal. If you have problems sending files with space-separated titles, try the methods mentioned above instead.
- An underscore and the owner’s first and last initials should follow the title.
- Finally, make sure the file extension (.jpg) exists.
- Examples: Here are file name samples using the above convention:
- n_some have trouble with this_cb.jpg
- We will send you an email to confirm we have received your images and that they are named and sized appropriately. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the contest chairman at email@example.com.
- If all else fails, you may bring your images to the meeting on a USB drive, but we may not be able to put them into the contest.
Good luck and see you Wednesday night.