Out next digital contest will be 2020 December 9th. The theme will be “Leading Lines”. The contest will be live streamed on FaceBook at 7pm.
Leading lines refers to a technique of composition where the viewer of your photos attention is drawn to lines that lead to the main subject of the image. A leading line paves an easy path for the eye to follow through different elements of a photo. Click here for examples of Leading Lines. In November Greg Holden gave a great presentation on leading lines. Click here to view this presentation on google.
The deadline for entries will be Tuesday, Noon on December 8th.
Send your images to email@example.com.
- Images should be sized so as to be 1024 pixels on the longest side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024).
- Images should be saved in the sRGB color space.
- Images should be saved as jpegs using a quality setting of around 80% (8 out of 10, 80 out of 100, etc.). Higher quality settings have little or no impact for the purposes of competition and result in unnecessarily large file sizes. Smaller file sizes transition faster, resulting in smoother operation of the viewing software.
- Files should be named according to the following convention:
- A class identifier, ‘n’ for novice or ‘u’ for unlimited, should prepend the filename and be followed by an underscore.
- Followed by a C or a M for Color Digital and Monochrome Digital respectively followed by an underscore.
- The image title should appear next. For multi-word titles it is helpful to either capitalize the first letter of each word or separate each word with an underscore.
- An underscore and the contestant’s initials should follow the title.
- Finally, make sure the file extension (.jpg) exists.
- n_C_Color Title_mt.jpg
- Images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on October 18th. Images received after the deadline will not be included in the competition.
- If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com.
Stripping metadata from your image is permitted.