Our next competition will be this Wednesday, December 7, 2016. Due to Christmas holiday we will have all three contests (e.g., digital, color prints, and monochrome prints). You may enter three in each.
The theme this month is Decay. Decay can be defined as to decline from a sound or prosperous condition, to fall into ruin, or to decline in health, strength, or vigor. Your challenge is to create images that document or convey the sense of decay. Click here to find examples of images of decay here.
Competition rules, which include how to prepare your print entries are also posted on our website http://arundelcameraclub.org/rules-summary/
- Mono and Color Prints– Prints must be matted. The print and mat assembly may not exceed 20”in size on the longest edge. The contestant’s name, picture title, category, class, and contest date (month/year) must appear on the back of each print. PLEASE include an arrow on the back of the image to reflect orientation.
- Digital –
- Email your digital entries in by Tuesday, at noon. Remember that the email address to send your digital entries to is email@example.com.
- Send your images as email attachments. Mac users need to put their images in a zip file and attach the zip file to the email.
- Resize your images to 1024 pixels on the long side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024).
- Files should be named according to the following convention:
- A class identifier, ‘n’ for novice or ‘u’ for unlimited, should prepend the file name and be followed by an underscore.
- The image name should appear next. For multi-word titles, it is helpful to either capitalize the first letter of each word or separate each word with an underscore. Although most mechanisms of uploading/transferring/emailing files handle spaces in titles, this is not universal. If you have problems sending files with space-separated titles, try the methods mentioned above instead.
- An underscore and the owner’s first and last initials should follow the title.
- Finally, make sure the file extension (.jpg) exists.
- Examples: Here are file name samples using the above convention:
- n_some have trouble with this_cb.jpg
- We will send you an email to confirm we have received your images and that they are named and sized appropriately. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the contest chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If all else fails, you may bring your images to the meeting on a USB drive, but we may not be able to put them into the contest.