Our Saturday, November 5 our club field trip is to a wildlife habitat located in Chester, MD about 40 minutes from Severna Park. My work colleague and her ecologist husband care for and reside on the property, living in a home built in the 1600s. Today my husband and I went to scout out the property for photo opportunities which include:
- Waterfowl (especially at sunrise and sunset) – have waterfowl blinds
- At least 2 eagle nest on the property, we saw an eagle this morning
- Beaver dam – To get a good shot will need a zoom
- Old wooden working barn that we can shoot inside of – would work well with HDR photography. Only equipment in the barn, no animals
- Small forest area – although the leaves will be down in Nov
- Fields – No blooming in Nov (they have sunflower fields which were in bloom last week)
- Some old rusty farm equipment (decay shots)
The best time to shoot the wildfowl is either sunrise or sunset. I would recommend sunrise because of the lack of light after sun fall.
They have kindly requested that they have some copies of the photographs to post on their website.
Location: Chester, off of Parsons Road – Workman’s Hazard Road
Distance from Severna Park: 40 minutes
Source: Chesapeake Wildlife Heritage
Our next competition will be this Wednesday, September 21, 2016 .
- Only dues paying members may participate in contests, so bring your checkbook.
- We will have our Digital competition.
- You may enter three digital images.
- The theme this month is OPEN, so anything goes.
- Competition rules, which include how to prepare your digital entries; are posted on our website http://arundelcameraclub.org/rules-summary/
- Email your digital entries in by Tuesday, at noon. Remember that the email address to send your digital entries to is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your images as email attachments. Mac users need to put their images in a zip file and attach the zip file to the email.
- Resize your images to 1024 pixels on the long side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024).
- Files should be named according to the following convention:
- A class identifier, ‘n’ for novice or ‘u’ for unlimited, should prepend the file name and be followed by an underscore.
- The image name should appear next. For multi-word titles, it is helpful to either capitalize the first letter of each word or separate each word with an underscore. Although most mechanisms of uploading/transferring/emailing files handle spaces in titles, this is not universal. If you have problems sending files with space-separated titles, try the methods mentioned above instead.
- An underscore and the owner’s first and last initials should follow the title.
- Finally, make sure the file extension (.jpg) exists.
- Examples: Here are file name samples using the above convention:
- n_some have trouble with this_cb.jpg
- We will send you an email to confirm we have received your images and that they are named and sized appropriately. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the contest chairman at email@example.com.
- If all else fails, you may bring your images to the meeting on a USB drive, but we may not be able to put them into the contest.
See you Wednesday night.
We made some significant changes at the business meeting, it will be important for members to attend, so they can hear about the changes.
We will also hold a digital sideshow of club member photographs “What you did this summer?”. Submit three digital images by Tuesday evening to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please size them 1024px on the long side and make sure to send them as an attachment to your email. Mac users may need to compress their images into a zip file before emailing.
Also note dues are now $35.00/year. Please bring a check made out to Arundel Camera Club.
When: Sunday, August 28 at 1 PM – 5 PM
Where: 1335 Old Mountain Rd, Pasadena, MD 21122-5469
Host: Jackie Colestock
Well, its not snowing yet….but it will be soon! So before it does, while it is still hot and humid..Come for a dip in the pool! Join us as we start of our Club Year! Cool off! Have some fun! Reconnect with other members. Bring your camera! This event qualifies as for the Club Events Contest next May. We had a great quickie workshop last year and may even have one this year!
This is a pot luck event…so bring your favorite dish, salad, dessert, or drink to share! We will have Hamburgers, bratwurst, and condiments, as well as paper goods.
Bring chairs and swim suits.
Family and children are welcome.
Enter the 2016 John E. Gruber Creative Photography Awards Program | Center for Railroad Photography & Art
In a sharp break with the past, the next John E. Gruber Creative Photography Award is being split into two categories:
- Exceptional images from mobile device cameras
- Most evocative images by living photographers
The deadline is October 31, 2016, for entries in both categories. Awards will be announced in December 2016.
The 13th Annual Maryland Department of Natural Resources Photo Contest runs now through Aug. 31, 2016. Winners will be featured in the department’s 2017 wall calendar and published in the winter 2017 edition of the magazine. Enter now—online or by mail—for your chance to win cash, state parks passports and other terrific prizes!
Winners will be notified in September before the announcement is made on our website, newsroom and social media outlets.
Photographers may enter photos featuring birds, insects, flora, outdoor recreation, nature in action, scenic landscapes, and/or wildlife. New this year, judges will select first, second and third place winners by season. (See Prizes section for more details.)
There will also be one “Fan Favorite” selected by popular vote on Facebook. The photo with the most “likes” will also be printed in the calendar and magazine.We remind all participants to be careful of their surroundings and always put safety first!
Entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2016.
PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo is the largest photography event in North America, attended by over 21,000 professional photographers and enthusiasts.
© 2016 All Rights Reserved arundelcameraclub.org © 2016 All Rights Reserved to the images on this website by the respective photographers