DATE: June 23, 2018
TIME: 9:00am – 5:00pm
LOCATION: 1616 H St NW, Washington, DC 20006
WORKSHOP SIZE: Maximum 12
REGISTRATION: Register with Capital Photography Center
Learn Lightroom in a day. We’ll look at the 2 most powerful modules, the Library and the Develop Modules.
Learn how to use Lightroom to be in control of your digital workflow. This class is designed to make Lightroom easy to understand and put you in control of all it has to offer. It will cover your workflow from beginning to end: from importing and organizing to adjusting, sharing and exporting your images. Find out how to choose which adjustments to make, and in what order. We will spend our time in the Library and Develop modules.
Following the class all attendees will receive an extensive pdf handout with 130 pages of Lightroom tips, tricks and screen shots. It’ll be your post-class companion when you’re back at home working in Lightroom.
- Adding metadata and keywords
- Organizational tools: flags, stars and labels
- Sorting and filtering images
- Using Collections and Smart Collections
- Recovering highlight and shadow detail
- Adjusting contrast, saturation and vibrance
- Fine-tuning (or completely changing) the white balance
- Applying adjustments selectively with the Adjustment Brush
- Graduated and Radial Filters
- Retouching tools
- Using the tone curve and targeted color adjustments
- Removing chromatic aberration
- Noise reduction
- Processing multiple files
- Exporting images in other file formats
Participants will need to bring a laptop (or even a desktop) with Lightroom installed so you can practice while the techniques are being demonstrated.
Source: Lightroom in a Day — Corey Hilz Photography