Next weekend is the Arundel Camera Club summer picnic.
Come join us for an afternoon around the grill and by the pool, hosted by Bob and Jackie Colestock.
The club provides the hot dogs and hamburgers, and we have plenty of paper goods. Surprise us with your summer delights. Bring a dish to share. BYOB. Friends and family are welcome
- The pool will be open, bring your swim suits.
- Good company, Good food, good fun.
- Bring chairs.
- Don’t forget your cameras.
- Hope to see you there.
When: Saturday, August 12. 1pm – 4pm.
Where: 1335 Old Mountain Rd. Pasadena, MD 21122
Please RSVP to Jackie Colestock with the number of people in your party.
Registration is now open for PPE 2017! Free Expo Pass ends July 11.
The PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo is the largest photography and imaging show in North America, attended by nearly 20,000 professional photographers, photography enthusiasts, videographers, students and educators from around the world. PhotoPlus features over 100 educational seminars, Photo Walks and Master Classes, special Filmmaking and Drone sessions, the Palm Springs Photo Festival Portfolio Reviews sponsored by WordPress.com & FUJIFILM, the Lucie Technical Awards, and over 200 exhibitors and brands displaying thousands of the latest products and services for you to touch, try and compare.
Wednesday May 17 we will have our Club Events Contest.
You may submit one color print, one monochrome print, and one digital image from each club event you attended during the club year. For example if you attended five club events, you could enter 15 images (5 Digital, 5 color prints, and 5 monochrome prints).
You may reenter images that have been entered and won during normal competitions.
This year’s club events include:
- Last Year’s Banquet
- Summer Picnic
- The Club Christmas Party
- Table Top Nights
- Photo walk: Fells Point/Canton
- Photo walk: 34St Christmas Lights
- Field Trip: Eastern State Penitentiary
- Field Trip: Kent Island Preserve
- Field Trip: Green Mount Cemetery
- Field Trip: Studio
- Field Trip: Washington D.C. Churches
- Field Trip: National Building Museum
- Field Trip: Cylburn Mansion Gardens
We also allow a number of local events to count for the club events contests including:
- Fourth of July fireworks shot anywhere in the local MD/D.C. area
- Maryland Renaissance Festival
- Tuckahoe Steam and Gas Show
The unlimited and novice best in show wins a free club membership respectively.
Competition rules, which include how to prepare your print entries are also posted on our web-site http://arundelcameraclub.org/rules-summary/
- Mono and Color Prints –
- Prints must be matted.
- The print and mat assembly may not exceed 20”in size on the longest edge.
- The contestant’s name, picture title, category, class, and contest date (month/year) must appear on the back of each print.
- PLEASE include an arrow on the back of the image to reflect orientation.
- Digital –
- Email your digital entries in by Tuesday evening. Remember that the email address to send your digital entries to is email@example.com.
- Send your images as email attachments. Mac users need to put their images in a zip file and attach the zip file to the email.
- Resize your images to 1024 pixels on the long side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024).
- Files should be named according to the following convention:
- A class identifier, ‘n’ for novice or ‘u’ for unlimited, should prepend the file name and be followed by an underscore.
- The image name should appear next. For multi-word titles, it is helpful to either capitalize the first letter of each word or separate each word with an underscore. Although most mechanisms of upload-ing/transferring/emailing files handle spaces in titles, this is not universal. If you have problems sending files with space-separated titles, try the methods mentioned above instead.
- An underscore and the owner’s first and last initials should follow the title.
- Finally, make sure the file extension (.jpg) exists.
- Examples: Here are file name samples using the above convention:
- n_some have trouble with this_cb.jpg
- We will send you an email to confirm we have received your images and that they are named and sized appropriately. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the contest chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If all else fails, you may bring your images to the meeting on a USB drive, but we may not be able to put them into the contest.
Good luck and see you Wednesday night.
© 2017 All Rights Reserved arundelcameraclub.org © 2017 All Rights Reserved to the images on this website by the respective photographers