Author Archives: bmthomas
2017 Apr. 22: Photo Opportunity – Discover Quest: World War I Commemoration | www.charlescountymd.gov
The decaying steamships in Mallows Bay provide a porthole view of America’s role in World War I. Kayak among the wrecks and feel the timbers of ships that came all the way from the Pacific Northwest, through the Panama Canal, to end up in a shallow bay of the Potomac River. Surrounding sandy bluffs with towering trees provide magnificent roosts for bald eagles and osprey and a striking counterpart to the historic wreckage.
Guided tours include all equipment and a brief kayak lesson by a certified instructor, naturalist and certified interpretive guide. We will use very stable, easy to use, two-person kayaks. Guided tours include all equipment and a brief kayak lesson by a certified instructor, naturalist and certified interpretive guide. We will use very stable, easy to use, two-person kayaks.
Guided Kayak Tours by Atlantic Kayak • $40 per person • 1 hour, 30 min tour • 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. • Register online (Mallows Bay Centennial Tour).
Source: Kayak Tour Mallows Bay
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will headline the 10th anniversary edition of the Ocean City Air Show on June 17-18, 2017! This year’s event will feature a wide variety of military demos including the F-22 Raptor, USMC MV-22 Osprey plus the return of the A-10 Warthog and civilian performers like the GEICO Skytypers.
Source: OC Air Show
This one-of-a-kind experience includes an all-new collection of larger-than-life, illuminated silk sculptures, acrobatics, dancers, authentic crafts and the return of a 200-foot-long dragon. Tickets $17. Days & Hours: Sunday – Thursday 6:00 pm -10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday 6:00 pm -11:00 pm.
The Barnstormers 11th Anniversary Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out will take place on Saturday, June 10th, 2017. The Barns Of Linganore Valley. Nine barns in the rolling hills of Eastern Frederick County will be featured during the Frederick County Landmarks Foundation 11th Annual Barnstormers Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out. The event will take place on Saturday, June 10, 2017.
Everywhere you look there is living history before your eyes. Go back in time to learn about WW II from the brave men and women who lived it. Featuring the Commemorative Air Force B-29 Superfortress, “Fifi”. WWII Air Show: All types of famous WW II aircraft on the ground and in the air! Military Vehicle Show: See Allied and Axis vehicles placed in contextual display. WW II Battle Re-Creations: Skirmishes in a re-created French Village and a large scale demonstration battle take place. War Front Tent Displays: Allied, Axis, PTO, ETO, Mediterranean and Russian. Great American Home Front Displays: A 1940’s street re-creates the Home Front including the Victory Theater. Gates open at 8:30 AM. Tickets $26.
The Hot Air Balloon Festival has a long and colorful tradition going back 40 years. The Howard County Fairgrounds in Howard County, Maryland will brighten the skies this year as the Centerpiece Venue for the long running balloon festival. Spectators will enjoy the wonder of hot air balloons, specialty crafts, entertainment, and good food during this family-friendly festival.
Light City transforms the city with world class light displays and sculptures, video projections on buildings and interactive technologies to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for families, residents and visitors.
Festival Hours: 7-11PM nightly; open until midnight on Friday and Saturday
Our next competition will be 2/22/2017. We will host our Digital contests. You may enter three.
The theme this month is Open so anything goes.
Competition rules, which include how to prepare your print entries are also posted on our website http://arundelcameraclub.org/rules-summary/
- Digital –
- Email your digital entries in by Tuesday evening. Remember that the email address to send your digital entries to is email@example.com.
- Send your images as email attachments. Mac users need to put their images in a zip file and attach the zip file to the email.
- Resize your images to 1024 pixels on the long side (1024 x ??? or ??? x 1024).
- Files should be named according to the following convention:
- A class identifier, ‘n’ for novice or ‘u’ for unlimited, should prepend the file name and be followed by an underscore.
- The image name should appear next. For multi-word titles, it is helpful to either capitalize the first letter of each word or separate each word with an underscore. Although most mechanisms of uploading/transferring/emailing files handle spaces in titles, this is not universal. If you have problems sending files with space-separated titles, try the methods mentioned above instead.
- An underscore and the owner’s first and last initials should follow the title.
- Finally, make sure the file extension (.jpg) exists.
- Examples: Here are file name samples using the above convention:
- n_some have trouble with this_cb.jpg
- We will send you an email to confirm we have received your images and that they are named and sized appropriately. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact the contest chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If all else fails, you may bring your images to the meeting on a USB drive, but we may not be able to put them into the contest.
Spend the day with our birds of prey! Take pictures of our resident injured and orphaned birds in natural settings.Some of our other animals may also make an appearance! Whether you are a professional or a novice, take advantage of taking pictures of these beautiful animals up close.
$35 per photographer, $15 for photography classes and clubs.
© 2017 All Rights Reserved arundelcameraclub.org © 2017 All Rights Reserved to the images on this website by the respective photographers