Author Archives: bmthomas
Just wanted to send out an updated Field Trip Schedule for August 2019.
Aug 4, 2019 – Kenilworth Garden – https://www.nps.gov/keaq/index.htm – Free Admission – Hours 9am – 5pm
Aug 17, 2019 – Open Cockpit Saturdays – The Glenn L Martin Maryland Aviation Museum ($7) https://www.mdairmuseum.org/special-events-at-glmmam
Aug 24, 2019 – Picnic – Jackie Colestock’s House (See email for directions)
Aug 25, 2019 – BMX Single Race – https://www.usabmx.com/tracks/1623/events/schedule (free to attend – you can photograph anywhere outside the fence line)
Aug 31-Sept 1, 2019 – Sunflower Festival – https://www.farmheritageconservancy.org/so-md-sunflower-festival
Hope everyone can make it out to some of these events!
The Maryland Photography Alliance (MPA) just announced its third digital-photography contest, and we hope you will participate. There is no charge to enter, and there are $700 in prizes through the sponsor Nations Photo Lab, and there are other valuable prizes through our new sponsors, Les Picker Fine Art Photography and Moab by Legion Paper. Photographers of the top images will be invited to display and sell their images at a November gallery show at Bohrer Park in Gaithersburg, MD, from November 1, 2019 until January 21, 2020. The reception date is, tentatively, November 10, 2019.
4 Image Categories to Pick From:
ABSTRACT. A found abstract is a photograph of natural shapes, colors, or textures that has no obvious subject and is isolated to render the subject unrecognizable.
BLACK & WHITE. Photographs that capture the purest form of light with shades of gray and pure black.
MARYLAND ARCHITECTURE. Exterior or interior photographs of physical structures, which must be identified on the label as found, anywhere, in Maryland.
STILL LIFE. Photographs, full-sized or macro images, of inanimate subjects–typically a small group or a solitary item. A still life can be simple or complex, sharp or soft in focus, high-key or low-key in lighting.
The submission website is new, and here are a few tips:
- You must review the rules and copyright language and check the box indicating that you have read it before entering information.
- You can enter ONLY two 2 images
- You can enter your 2 images in different categories, or you can enter both images in the same category
- On the Gallery Show Entry Form page, remember to use the Camera Club Affiliation box and choose “Arundel Camera Club (ACC)” because we want the club to show its support for this contest.
The Arundel Camera Club (ACC) is a member of the Maryland Photography Alliance, a group of 18 clubs working to enhance our enjoyment of photography.
Please consider entering the contest. ACC has many great photographers, and this contest is a chance for all of us to win prizes, get recognition, and showcase our work.
The submission deadline is Saturday, August 24, 2019.
If you have questions or problems, contact Maryland Photography Alliance at email@example.com
Go to MPA’s new upload page: https://www.mdphotoalliance.org/2019-contest
The annual Red, White and Blue Celebration hosted by Ft. Meade will be held June 28 with fireworks, rides, live music and an array of food.
Friday, November 1, 2019 – Sunday, November 3, 2019
Nature Visions Photography Expo is an annual event that is held at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas, VA and is the premier photography expo in the Mid-Atlantic region. It is composed of a juried exhibit of nature photography, lectures and classes on all aspects of photography, vendors, a Friday all-day seminar by renowned photographer Thomas Heaton, and our Saturday keynote address by Cole Thompson.
This year we have several distinct types of training
- All Day Friday Seminar (included if you buy a 3-day Merchant Hall pass).
- One-hour Lectures (included if you buy a Merchant Hall pass, also available separately).
- Multiple hands-on workshops for macro/flower and bird photography (purchased separately).
- 90-minute Lectures on a wide range of photography topics (purchased separately).
- Keynote Address (included in the multi-day passes; also available separately).
- Two 90-minute FREE sessions of Lightroom instruction (registration required).
- Multiple FREE one-hour sessions for the beginning photographer (registration required).
- 20-minute Photographic Portfolio Review sessions (registration required).
Source: Nature Visions Expo
Enjoy summer evenings at Hillwood, complete with dinner at the new Merriweather Café and documentary films that dig deep in the world of America’s most fascinating photojournalists.
Enjoy summer evenings at Hillwood, complete with dinner at Merriweather Café and documentary films that dig deep in the world of America’s most fascinating photojournalists.
© 2019-2020 All Rights Reserved arundelcameraclub.org © 2019-2020 All Rights Reserved to the images on this website by the respective photographers